Non-profit partner: Street Yoga
Street Yoga is a non-profit organization that teaches yoga, mindful breathing, and compassionate communication to youth and families and their caregivers struggling with homelessness, poverty, abuse, addiction, trauma and behavioral challenges so they can grow stronger, heal from past traumas, and create for themselves a life that is inspired, safe, and joyful. Our programs are based on solid evidence that yoga helps with physical well being, depression, anxiety, trauma and PTSD.
Group Show: Art of Healing
Submissions Due: February 8th, 2012
Submission guidelines below.
How have the expressive arts impact your well being?
Have you used the expressive arts to process a difficult time in your life?
Have the expressive arts been a place to honor a specific personal experience?
Art in this exhibition will honor the ways all forms of the expressive arts (drama, dance, music, writing in addition to the visual) provide opportunities for healing. This show coincides with the nations Expressive Art Therapy week.
In the Art of Healing show artists are encouraged to share how art has healing properties for them. This could be at the artists definition, whether it be soothing, metaphorical (telling a story), the possibilities are limitless!
Please share with us!
Submission Guidelines For EACH Month:
1. An artist may submit up to 5 pieces. All media are considered.
2. Submissions should be sent in jpeg format to email@example.com
Please send quality images no larger then 400KB.
3. We will not accept a link to a personal website as a submission.
4. All submissions should include the artists name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
5. All submissions should include a short (one paragraph) written bio.
6. All submissions should include a short (one paragraph) artist's statement.
7. For each submission please include the title of the work, date created, media, dimensions (height x length x depth) in inches, and price. Please be sure to indicate whether or not the work(s) you are submitting is/are not for sale.
8. Deadlines are show specific and can be found on the website.
9. Instructions for dropping off and picking up works of art will come with acceptance information.
10. All shows will hang for one month.
Submissions that do not comply with the above requirements will not be considered.
EVOLVE GALLERY @100th Monkey Studio
110 SE 16th Ave, Portland, OR 97214